Sunday, January 23, 2011

The diaries of a spinster

I am starting to get the impression that my family is worried about my love life.

First of all, let me just fill you in on the basics. I live with 2 of my sisters. Vanessa, who is 2 years older than me and Courtney, who is 3 years younger. They are both happily in relationships and I am denifitely not.

I get home today from my holiday and within half an hour, Courtney is trying to set me up with some younger guy and Vanessa calls me from work and says she wants me to meet some of her boyfriends sisters friends.

To top it off, my mum thinks I should 'get out more' and not be such a 'recluse'. I am hardly a recluse. To clarify, I am just not the 'clubbing' type. I am more like the homebody type. I like hanging around at home and watching tv and movies and doing old lady type stuff, which I get paid out for all the time by my family.

I'm not really into blind dates and set ups. They feel, well, set up! I just don't like the pressure of having to try to impress someone you've only just met. Or pretend to be interested in someone when you know that there is no way you'll ever see them again and your probably wasting your time. Or, worse still, they are the ones pretending and you actually like them.

I know I'm being weird. I should stop overthinking things so much. I just needed to kind of vent I guess.

I am glad that my family loves me so much that they are trying to help me in their own little way to make me happy.

And this is why I love you, family.

Loz
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment